Rowan Milne

Photo courtesy of Wesley Works.

Saraya Velez, Former Deputy Sports Editor

Throughout high school, Rowan Milne has made a name for herself by being involved in many extracurriculars and actively putting herself out there. She’s the treasurer for Spanish Club, the treasurer for Young Democrats, the secretary for Peace Club, a member of Activism Club, and the flute section leader for Emmaus’ marching band. Apart from being an active participant in several clubs, Milne proved herself to be musically inclined by being a member of the band, Chorale, and other endeavors. 

In the fall, she will be attending Temple University and will be majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history and minoring in music. In the future, her end goal is to be a curator of a museum and eventually complete a doctorate. As an alternative path, she would hope to become a high school history teacher.

Stinger: What is your favorite part about being in all the clubs you’re in?

Milne: All of the clubs that I’m in, they’re very welcoming and warm and they’re very open environments. They’ve been very supportive over the years of being in high school. I’m just very thankful for the openness and how comfortable I feel in them. 

Stinger: What is a school rule you feel needs to be added or changed for future classes?

Milne: Dress code. Someone shouldn’t have to go to the office if they have half-an-inch of their stomach showing. 

Stinger: What teacher impacted you the most?

Milne: Mr. Zolomij.

Stinger: What is your most embarrassing high school memory?

Milne: Freshman year. The first week of school I was fine and I didn’t get lost finding any of my classes. The second week of school and it was eighth period and I was trying to find my Spanish room. I couldn’t find it and I got lost in the extension of the language hallway. I ran into two of my upperclassmen friends and asked for help. I was panicking so I gave them the room number for my ninth-period class and I went all the way across the building and then had to walk into my Spanish class 15 minutes late because I got lost. 

Stinger: What do you hope to accomplish after high school?

Milne: I hope to graduate college. I really want to travel after high school and college and I want to start working in museums because history is a big part of my life. I’d love to move on to working in museums but I don’t have a set plan for my life.

Stinger: On a scale of one to 10, how much senioritis have you been experiencing?

Milne: I’d give it a solid seven and a half. It’s not super super bad but at the same time the procrastination is starting to get a little more and more. 

Stinger: What was one of the most important lessons you learned in high school?

Milne: The most important lesson that I’ve probably learned is to have confidence in your work and stand up for yourself if you’re in a situation that calls for it. 

Stinger: What is your biggest accomplishment in high school?

Milne: It’s probably becoming the flute section leader senior year for the marching band. Also, in December of freshman year, I finished my chemotherapy treatments which was a very big accomplishment in high school for me.

Stinger: If you could go back and change anything in history, what would it be?

Milne: The only thing that comes to mind is equality. I want to change things so we can all be equal.