Halle Jennett

Photo courtesy of Wesley Works.

Belle Lees, Former Deputy News Editor

Outside of the classroom, Class of 2021 Secretary Halle Jennett devoted much of her time to school sports and activities: running for winter track club and the track team, joining Tri-M Music Honor Society, becoming Vice President of the National Honor Society, and helping fellow students adjust to life at the high school as a Hornet Ambassador. 

Jennett will attend Messiah University to major in Applied Health Science with a concentration in Physical Therapy, as well as to continue her athletic career. 

Stinger: What was your favorite part of being involved in a sport in high school?

Jennett: My favorite part was definitely just the community that it brought, like the friends, and the teammates, and the coaches just all working together every day towards, like, a common goal. 

Stinger: What is your favorite high school memory?

Jennett: Oh goodness. My favorite high school memory [is] probably going to Track States my sophomore year [for the 4x100m relay]. 

Stinger: What was the hardest part of adjusting to online school? 

Jennett: Probably, I’m a really social person, so just, like, being at home by myself. And I like to, like, get to know my teachers and my classmates, and that’s, like, kind of hard when you’re online. 

Stinger: Did you pick up any new hobbies during quarantine? 

Jennett: I wouldn’t say it’s new, but I’ve played the flute since like fourth grade, and over quarantine I played it, like, a lot. 

Stinger: How do you think you’ve changed since freshman year?

Jennett: Since freshman year, I’d like to say I’m a lot, not less selfish, but, like, I like to try to put others before me more often and, like, think about what’s best for like everyone. And I feel like my leadership skills in general have improved, just through everything I’ve been involved in. 

Stinger: What do you want to be remembered for?

Jennett: Maybe just having a, like, a positive attitude even when things are, like, hard or challenging.

Stinger: Do you have any advice for underclassmen? 

Jennett: I guess just enjoy, like, every moment of high school because soon you’ll be leaving and it’s a little scary. So just enjoy every moment that you get.

Stinger: What are you looking forward to most when you go to college?

Jennett: I’m just excited to meet new people and just… yeah, meet new people, have new experiences, and pursue physical therapy, which I’m really excited about.