Tanner Ritter

WESLEY WORKS PHOTOGRAPHY

Photo courtesy of Wesley Works.

Joseph Draper, Staff Writer

Tanner Ritter can still remember the first time he walked through the doors of Emmaus High School; and in three weeks, his journey as a Hornet will come to an end. Ritter had a busy high school career, excelling both in the classroom and on the field. 

Ritter has been a player to watch his entire Emmaus football career, but an injury in his junior year sidelined him for the entirety of that season. He bounced back this past fall and helped the Hornets finish the regular season undefeated. He earned First Team All-Conference while also getting Comeback Player of the Year. 

Stinger: What college are you attending and what are you planning to study? 

Ritter: I am planning on studying engineering at the University of Pittsburgh.

Stinger: What was your favorite school-related Emmaus memory?

Ritter: My favorite memory in school was always having fun at lunch and seeing my friends in the hallways.

Stinger: What was your favorite sports-related Emmaus memory?

Ritter: My favorite sports memory was this past season beating our rival Parkland to finish the regular season undefeated. 

Stinger: What was your biggest accomplishment at Emmaus either in the classroom or on the field? 

Ritter: My biggest accomplishment in the classroom was finishing with a GPA over 4.0, and on the field was getting First Team All-Conference and Comeback Player of the Year.

Stinger: How has Emmaus prepared you for the future?

Ritter: Emmaus has definitely prepared me for the future thanks to all the great teachers who bring the best out of every student. Many of the teachers have definitely pushed me to take harder classes and be the best student I can be.

Stinger: What is something you recommend to future seniors at Emmaus? 

Ritter: I recommend that they make the most out of their senior year and try to get out and do everything they can. Whether it’s joining a club, playing sports, or whatever it may be. High school goes by so fast and it’s important to enjoy every moment of it and have no regrets.