Senior Issue: Trevor Gitski

Photo+courtesy+of+Irish+Eyes.+

Photo courtesy of Irish Eyes.

Maddie Hess, News Editor

This previously ran in our 2022 June Senior Issue.

Over the last four years, Trevor Gitski has made his mark on Emmaus High School. He has been an indispensable team player for both football and wrestling.

He became involved with football and wrestling at only five years old, both of which have stuck with him throughout his entire high school career and now into college. Since then, he has become #58, a varsity defensive end for the EHS football team.

This fall Gitski will head to Wilkes University to study sports management. He hopes to one day become the general manager of a professional football team, preferably the Eagles. 

Stinger: Do you have any advice for underclassmen who are both a student and an athlete, maybe even a double sport athlete? 

Gitski: Figure out how you’re going to be able to manage your time well, because that’s a huge step, knowing that you have school all day and then you have to go to practice right afterwards. Finding time is really essential to being able to do both well in both school and sports. 

Stinger: What is one of the most important lessons that you’ve learned during high school?

Gitski: Try to be nice to everyone that you encounter because you never know what that person is going through, you don’t know their background story. They could be having a really bad day and trying to hide that. 

Stinger: Who is your inspiration here at EHS? 

Gitski: I would say my math teacher and football coach, Coach Hildebrand. He used to be my math teacher in my freshman year and he has really helped me out these past four years. He’s always been there for me. 

Stinger: How do you feel you’ve changed since freshman year? 

Gitski: Well, I definitely didn’t get any taller. I feel like I fit in more now. As a freshman, you didn’t really know what the right things were to do here and now you know everything about everyday life here. 

Stinger: What has been the toughest part about this being your senior year? 

Gitski: Just realizing that one of these days is going to be over and it’s a sad reality, because I want to go back on the football field and I want to go back on the wrestling mat. I want to have another one of those days. I’m going to wish I was back in that classroom again. That’s the sad reality of it all. You don’t realize what you have until it’s gone.