Senior Issue: Chloe Domingues

Wesley+Works

Wesley Works

Ogonna Nnodimele, News Editor

This previously ran in our 2022 June Senior Issue.

As vice president of the Class of 2022, Chloe Domingues has made significant strides. Aside from leading through an office position, she also participated in Habitat for Humanity, No Place for Hate, and Activism Club. 

In the fall, Domingues will attend Lehigh University, one of her top college choices. She plans to study speech therapy, hoping to travel and help people in that field. 

Stinger: What is your favorite memory from Emmaus? Why? 

Domingues: I think just being able to meet a lot of different people; I kind of stuck with my group in high school, but then I met a lot of people I didn’t think I would be friends with. 

Stinger: How has being vice president shaped your academic life? 

Domingues: It definitely humbled me a little bit because you get everyone’s feedback, especially on things you can’t even change, so I had to put in the work but not listen to everyone’s comments. 

Stinger: Why did you want to be vice president? 

Domingues: I saw that we weren’t doing very much as a class, so I thought if I became part of it [class office], I could try to implement some activities for the class. 

Stinger: What do you think makes you stand out from others? 

Domingues: I don’t really know what makes me stand out, but I’m willing to put myself out there and talk to anyone. I get to know different people where I think others like to stay in their group. 

Stinger: What do you want to be remembered for? 

Domingues: Being able to unite our class [be]cause we were away from each other for a year and a half, so just, like, the memories the vice president was able to create. 

Stinger: Did you have a mentor that helped you with difficulties in various aspects of your life and how did he or she shape who you are today? 

Domingues: My brother is four years older than me, so seeing what he accomplished throughout high school and college [inspired me]. He always told me to get more involved in extracurricular activities and stuff, so he motivated me through high school. 

Stinger: What is something you’ve learned in high school that you hope others will learn as well? 

Domingues: Just getting involved in whatever you can. I feel like when you’re in school it doesn’t really matter, but when you’re a senior you wish you got more involved in clubs and things like that. 

Stinger: What advice would you give to underclassmen that want to run for office positions?

Domingues: To not let people’s opinions affect you too much. Take it into consideration but don’t take it to heart. Someone’s always going to wish you did something differently.