Senior Issue: JJ Eudja

Photo courtesy of Eudja.

Thomas Hartill, Former Editor in Chief

This previously ran in our 2022 June Senior Issue.

In his four years at Emmaus, Jonathan “JJ” Eudja has been known as a student who never fails to brighten everyone’s days. Appearing on ETV every Friday, Eudja has been an important fixture of the Emmaus High School community. 

Since his freshman year, Eudja has been a part of the theater program working with sound, has played on the school’s volleyball team, and has been a vital part of ETV. 

After graduation, Eudja plans on attending Desales University where he will major in computer science and be a part of their track and field team. After college, Eudja hopes to become a data scientist. 

Stinger: How do you feel you have impacted Emmaus? 

Eudja: I gave students something to laugh about, you know, this school year [has] been really stressful for students… and I’d say I gave something to laugh about because I was part of ETV, [and] whenever I come on, from what I’ve heard the students always enjoyed when I came on, especially with “Advice with JJ.” And [I also gave] some good genuine advice to handle situations and how to take them in the best approach. 

Stinger: How have you changed since freshman year? 

Eudja: I’d say I’ve definitely matured a lot. I’d say during my freshman year, I was still coming off my eighth-grade vibe and everything… I will admit, I think during my freshman year I was definitely really annoying. I was like one of those annoying freshmen. But I think as sophomore year came and the year got cut short, and then I was at home for half of my sophomore year and towards my junior year, I definitely learned to just get a different perspective of life. I’d say I was trying to be friends with everyone here at Emmaus, which in reality, it’s not possible, because you can’t be friends with everyone here. 

Stinger: What was your favorite high school memory? Why? 

Eudja: Starting up “Advice with JJ.” Interacting with the students here at Emmaus High School was a very good time. 

Stinger: What was one of the most important lessons you learned during high school? 

Eudja: Don’t try to be someone you’re not, and try not to put yourself in the wrong crowd. 

Stinger: What do you want to be remembered for? 

Eudja: I want to be remembered for someone who would, you know, help students.