Aditya Nemani

Photo courtesy of Wesley Works.

Adithi Katikhaneni, Former Arts & Culture Editor

A strong leader and charismatic figure of the Band community, Aditya Nemani has been involved in all three avenues of Band at EHS–Symphonic Band, Marching Band, and Jazz Band. Playing trumpet since elementary school, Nemani earned the position of section leader this year, and feels as though the responsibility allowed him to grow and evolve as a person. 

Nemani intends to pursue a career in the business field at Penn State this fall.

Stinger: What are you most excited for at Penn State?

Nemani: Definitely the change of scenery and just everything about it. I like how big the campus is, and I like how many people there are. I like how there’s the opportunity to meet more people and expand my skills and assets, and be a better person. 

Stinger: What’s the biggest thing EHS has taught you?

Nemani: How to be open minded. I feel like I have overcome a lot of obstacles like the amount of schoolwork and I had to stay on top of things and be open minded about everything. I had to not really care about the little things like drama and stay focused. I had to learn how to bring in the  good and block out the bad.

Stinger: What clubs or organizations are you in? 

Nemani: I’m in Symphonic, Marching and Jazz Band. I’m also a boy scout.

Stinger: What’s your favorite thing about marching band?

Nemani: Marching band has taught me how to overcome a lot of difficulties, especially after junior year, it started to get a lot harder and responsibilities started to get bigger. It taught me how to step up and be a good section leader to my section and how to help people improve. 

Stinger: What would you say to someone considering joining the band? 

Nemani: Oh I would say definitely do it. It’s really worth it, and I really enjoyed it. I really liked everything about it and you meet a lot of people–you make a lot of friends.

Stinger: What made you want to become section leader?

Nemani: I’ve wanted to be section leader ever since I joined. I’ve been [in Band] since fourth grade and it’s something that I knew I really wanted to do. I wanted to do it because I wanted to help my section and be the best leader I could, and draw people in. 

Stinger: How would you describe yourself?

Nemani: Upfront. I’d also say I like to talk a lot and I like to talk to people. I really like to interact with people because I think everyone is interesting in their own way and it’s cool to talk to people and see where they come from. 

Stinger: What was your favorite class at EHS? 

Nemani: Band. And Jazz Band. Maybe Math and American Studies [too]. I’ve really liked American Studies since freshman year. I thought it was really easy for me and I really liked the teachers I had. Math I picked up pretty easily and the teachers were all really nice to me also. And Band, I really enjoy being in Band.