The student news site of Emmaus High School

THE STINGER

THE STINGER

THE STINGER

THE STINGER

During the 2022 Shave for the Brave event, members of the community volunteer to shave their heads in support of the fight against pediatric cancer. Photo by Gabe Meyers.
Shave for the Brave returns
February 23, 2024
Graphic courtesy of Canva.
Prisons require reformation
February 22, 2024

Woofstock returns to Allentown

Back for its sixth year, the Allentown Woofstock came to Cedar Beach Park recently for a day filled with dogs.

Families around the area congregated at the fair and were met by activities, food, and live classic rock music. Contests ranging from the best pet trick to Allentown’s Grooviest Dog were held on the main stage. Vendors lined the pavement, selling treats, food, outfits for dogs, and other accessories.

The event’s proceeds went towards two great causes: the construction of a proposed dog park and to animal rescue organizations.

“Knowing that there’s a good cause and that it’s fun for me and benefits the dogs [was the best part],” says junior Catelyn Fitzgerald, a volunteer at the event.

Games such as Doggie Basketball, an event where pets try to drop a tennis ball into a laundry basket, rewarded the contenders with treats and toys.

“It gives the dogs an opportunity to run around and have fun,” said Fitzgerald. “owners really connected with their dogs.”

The Woofstock Facebook page posted their appreciation for those that participated and contributed towards the cause the day after the event.

“Our sincere thanks to everyone who came out for the 6th Annual Allentown Woofstock. We hope you & your furry friends had a wonderful time!”