Cross country and girls tennis wrap up seasons

Liza Duerholz, Editor-in-Chief

This previously ran in our October 2021 print issue.

Emmaus cross country crossed the finish line for in-season competition and entered post-season activities. Girls cross country dominated the trail, going undefeated 17-0 for the third season in a row. Boys finished strong with a 16-1 record: their only loss to Parkland High School.

In offseason East Penn Conference (EPC) Leagues, Emmaus’ top runner competed with the best from Nazareth and Parkland High School. In first place was junior Hailey Reinhard, fifth was senior Isabela Lees, eighth was Ethan Strzempek, and tenth was Payton Campbell. Overall, EHS girls cross country took first place. Next step — districts.

Emmaus girls tennis swung right through the season, winning almost every match. They completed the season 17-1; their only loss was to Parkland High School.

In tennis EPCs, number two and three singles: junior Shelby Carter and senior Riley Stuckey took bronze, along with the senior second doubles team: Indira Tatikola and Teya Gougoustamos. The third doubles team: junior Liza Duerholz and senior Payton McGlory and the fourth doubles team: junior Kate Smith and senior Alyssa Mugavero won first. In district semifinals, the girls lost to Stroudsburg 3-2. In doubles districts, senior Jocelyn Chow and Carter teamed up to place third.