2022 Freddy Nominations

Carina McCallum, Opinion Editor

Emmaus’ The Addams Family: School Edition earns 15 Freddy nominations

The EHS Theatre Department is back in the spotlight – receiving 15 nominations on Thursday from the Freddy Awards for their The Addams Family: School Edition production. 

The high school ran The Addams Family from the end of March to the beginning of April, featuring songs such as, “When You’re An Addams,” and, “Crazier Than You.” The musical involved dozens of EHS students, spanning across all grades, in the production. There are 27 schools that participate in the Freddy Awards. The nominees for 2022 were announced on WFMZ, with twenty-one awards eligible for nominations. 

The Addams Family: School Edition’s efforts proved successful – with nominations for fifteen out of the twenty-one awards. 

The 15 nominations are comprised of; Outstanding Use of Scenery, Outstanding Use of Lighting,  Outstanding Use of Costumes, Outstanding Stage Crew (In honor of Capt. Christopher Seifert), Outstanding Performance by an Orchestra, Outstanding Chorus, Outstanding Choreography,  Outstanding Small Ensemble Performance for Jacob Klinedinst and Payton McGlory in “Live Before We Die,”  Outstanding Performance by a Male Ensemble Member for Lucas Nowak as Lurch, Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role from Madeline Kemler as Wednesday Addams, Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for Aiden Panko as Pugsley Addams, Outstanding Performance by a Featured Dancer for Ashley Westgate as Flapper Ancestor, Outstanding Featured Performance by an Actress for Payton McGlory as Morticia Addams, Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for Jacob Klinedinst as Gomez Addams, and lastly, Outstanding Overall Production of a Musical. 

Nominees were ecstatic at their success – posting congratulations to their fellow cast and crew members on social media shortly after finding out. With the awards ceremony on the horizon, those involved in The Addams Family: School Edition remain optimistic for what’s to come. 

The official 2022 Freddy Award ceremony is set to premiere on May 26  at 7 p.m. on WFMZ, and EHS theatre fans wait anxiously to see what awards they will come home with.