Abdoul Aidara cuts clients hair at his in-house barbershop. Photo Courtesy of Aidara.
Abdoul Aidara: Q&A
April 25, 2024

His name is Lewis

Canva by Ayaan Shah.

This year, Halloween of 2023, everyone is running to Target to get themselves this year’s trendiest decoration, and his name is Lewis. Designed by Hyde and EEK! Boutique, this vocal Halloween decoration has the internet talking all about him. 

Lewis’ wardrobe consists of black and grey, with his bright orange pumpkin head and hands being a pop of color. Lewis wears a grey robe, hooded over his head. His facial expression consists of the classic Jack-o’-lantern face, which is not particularly spooky. 

According to The New York Times, he has many phrases, including “Happy Halloween, my little ghouls” and “Trick-or-treat, all you creepy crawlers.”

Standing at eight feet tall, Lewis had sold out on Target.com despite his hefty price of $180. He has gotten the attention of social media influencers, as well as their viewers, from one particular catchphrase. “I am not a Jack-o’-Lantern,” his voice calls out with a pause, “My name is Lewis.” 

The joke is that he is not a JACK-o’-Lantern, he’s a LEWIS-o’-Lantern. According to TheFW, a weird news source, many admitted that they didn’t understand the joke initially, yet they still love Lewis and his universal charm.

“I could not bear the sight of someone that does not define him as Lewis,” ninth-grader at Emmaus High School, Alexis Vavrock said. 

Many others online would agree with Vavrock’s statement regarding the definition of Lewis. 

After Halloween, Lewis went on clearance for $153 on Target.com. Currently, Lewis is sold out, but keep checking back for extra inventory of this funny, Halloween ghoul.